Monday, June 09, 2003

Real time incubation

I was 12 when revolution happened in Iran. As a kid one thing that I could not understand was how come a human being can kill or torture the other humans. I could not believe the stories which were flying around about SAVAK and other tortures and killings and Shah's family specially the stories being told about Ashraf was so unbelievable to me. The post revolution era was a great opportunity for me to see how those kind of behaviors and people are developped and created.
These conservatives and the new Iranian religious and economical Mafia are the very simple guys of the first days of revolution and now just look at them and see what crimes they are capable of comitting.
The lack of experience of Iranian people concering the democratic behavior and their responsibilities just ended up to replacement of a totalitarian system with something worse and now we are paying for that. I try to see the full part of the glass, at the bottom of my heart I believe these lessons are learned and going to be added to the collective memory of Iranian Nation and all the sufferings and pains are not in vain.
Lets dream for better days and democracy and wish for return of Iranians' deserved dignity.

No comments: