Monday, June 09, 2003

Paying a visit to Iran

Today I told my wife that during this coming Norouz we should go to Iran for a visit. Given our catastrophic economical conditions ( Eftezaah! God bless line of credit !) It is not a reasonable decision to make, at least with the living standards here. But the matter of the fact is that our parents are dangerously getting old ( +70 ) and we are getting more worried about them everyday. I hate being far away in case anything happens ( God forbids!) but it is the faith what do you want to do? At least we could visit them more frequently while they are around.
My older son loves Iran and he believes all the airplanes flying in the sky are going to Iran. He is 3 years and 4 month old and he speaks Farsi very good and just because of the kids population in our familly I am sure when we arrive in Iran he is going to improve a great deal in Farsi.
The bad part of the trip for me is that I can never consider myself as a guest. I don't really like invitations and parties and instead I'd rather to hang around and talk with people. I want to see my friends and get inside the life there and the result is when I return I am tired like hell mentally and phisicaly. I am sure with two kids it is going to be different, I am sure I am going to be more conformist at least for their sake. I remember how embarasing I was for my wife, parents and my in laws during our first visit to Iran, when I said I am not going to go to any familly party and I partially didn't. Later on I knew how much pain I had given to both famillies for being so selfish, I wanted them to understand that I'd got 3 weeks there and I wanted to do wathever I wanted to. Now I let it go, no struggle no conflict I am like a little lamb, specially whatever my parents and kids say during our visit is like law for me (I am exagerating but I try my best).

No comments: