Thursday, February 22, 2007

What puts my ass on fire (I mean pisses me off!!) is that some people categorize Iran in the same group as Al Qaida, Hey even Saddam; the criminal that we knew, did not belong to that category.
I am not trying to say Iran is the heaven on earth and there are no problems at all, what I am saying is that Iran is not Hell either, somewhere in the middle, maybe worse than many places in west but still better than many places in middle east. Iran is struggling with many internal issues regrding the economy and politics (you can see the reflections at internatonal levels too) that I believe are curable, if Iranian people are left alone to handle it,
Extremism is not an element of Iranian tradition, that is very important to understand, it is a transient movement that might occasionally surface but it eventually fades out.
That is very unlike Saudi Arabia, the spiritual homeland of actual Muslim extremism (Wahhabi sect). It is based on extreme and rigid interpretations of the religion, Wahhabis have a consistent history of thinking that way for a long time.

No comments: