Wednesday, June 18, 2003

What should we do?

I read in the news that some of the Iranian intellectuals have signed and sent a letter to UN. One of the guys who has signed this letter is Ebrahim Nabavi. I read his interview about this letter and his motives to sign that. He was talking about the necessity of the involvement of the international community in Iranian issues. Like applying more sanctions and so on. I am not convinced if it is going to work that way. More sanctions is going to put more pressure on people. At the end government does not care about the resolutions and is going to buy the needed stuff from black market and the people are going to pay for that.

I really don't know what is the best thing to do, but I've got the feeling that the reactions of the international comunity( In particular the west) is very much dependent on their economical concerns and interests. On the other hand UN has just shown to lack enough autority dealing with much more important issues, so what should we expect from UN?

I don't see anyone else other than Iranian people being able and rightful to cleanup the mess.

No comments: