Friday, June 20, 2003

Conspiracy Theory


I read an article from Mr. Behnoud. There was a mention of somebody who had commented that Americans would attack Iran if Iranians push to the end. But I don't think this attack is going to happen at all. I know I may sound like Daei Jaan Napoleon but I believe Iranian conservatives and Americans are cooperating to keep Iran as weak as possible. What I am seeing is a complete coordination among these two sides, they offer each other the required pretexts to undermine and put more pressure on Iranian people. Why should Americans want to topple Iranian regime? Why they don't do any thing against Saudi Arabia or Jordan or Egypt or...? Dictatorship is good and they like it, if they buy the dictator ( which experience has shown it to be possible) they own the country. The reason for which they are interested in Iran is that Iran is showing some kind of democratic behavior and Americans want to make sure that democracy is not going to happen here.

All my life I have been making fun of the people who use conspiracy theory to resolve all the issues. Now I am getting to believe in such a conspiracy in Iranian affairs. I can't believe that the American and Iranian conservatives have common interests just by accident.

If one day Americans attack Iran it will be just because we may have got too close to be a democratic and strong nation . Until then there is no rush for a military option because they are just doing well alonside with fellow Iranian conservatives in stopping the democratic process in Iran.

No comments: